- Potential Resident and/or Referent should call the Hope Homes office at (678) 556-0840 or (877) 355-1141. Office hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday – Friday.
- After speaking with the office, the potential resident will complete a pre-screen interview with the Hope Homes counselor with whom he or she will be working. The pre-screen generally takes between 15 to 30 minutes.
- The potential resident will then interview with the current residents in his or her prospective Hope Homes community. In addition to answering the questions of current residents, the potential resident will be given time to ask questions about life at Hope Homes. The interview generally takes between 10 to 20 minutes. It is preferably done in person, but can be done over the phone.
Questions a potential resident might be asked:
- Why do want to live in a Recovery Residence?
- Are you willing to go to 90 meetings in 90 days?
- A you willing to get a 12 Step sponsor?
- What do you feel that you can contribute to the Hope Homes community?
Once accepted into the Hope Homes community, a move-in appointment will be scheduled with Hope Homes staff. Family members and supports are welcome to join the new resident at his or her move-in appointment.
Items to Bring
- Bed and Bath Linens
- Appropriate Attire for Job/Professional Interviews
- Initial Groceries
- Initial Payment (if not paid prior to admission)- includes $1000 Admission Fee, $500 Security Deposit, and 1st month’s Program Fees
- Prescription for Vivitrol Shots, if IV opiate user
- TB Test Results
- Aftercare Plans from Referents, if applicable
- Cell Phones are allowed and encouraged as a means of communication and accountability
- Cars are allowed, but are cleared on an individual basis during the in-take process
- Small Lock Box for prescription medications – Example
- Items to personalize your space – photographs, books, pictures, etc